Physician Employment Agreements can be Complicated. They Don’t Have to Be!
The Final Hurdle: A Physician’s Guide to Negotiating a Fair Employment Agreement
Employment contracts are neither fair nor simple. If you’re not informed, you can be leaving thousands of dollars on the table in benefits and other compensation. Moreover, the lack of knowledge on physician employment contracts can also have you falling into common traps.
Let’s face it, physician employment contracts are not written to protect and benefit the physician; they are written to protect the interests of the employer.
The only two options available are to:
- Hire an attorney to review your contract.
- Read The Final Hurdle!
The Final Hurdle will:
- Inform you on what benefits are being offered to other physicians you may not be aware of.
- Show you the common traps to avoid.
- Give you the ammunition to negotiate a winning contract.
Order your copy of The Final Hurdle: A Physician’s Guide to Negotiating a Fair Employment Agreement and get the contract you deserve and want, TODAY!
Dennis served as an active duty and reserve Marine Corps infantry officer for more than 20 years. A former contributing editor to Physicians News Digest, Dennis has authored several published articles on physician contractual matters.
Dennis is a frequent lecturer to residency and fellowship programs, and has spoken at events sponsored by the Pennsylvania Medical Society, the Hershey Medical Center, Pinnacle Health System, Geisinger Health System, the Pennsylvania Society of Cardiology, the WellSpan Health System, the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, and the American Podiatry Association.
The Final Hurdle will teach you the following:
(click the title to read the information)
- PHYSICIAN COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS - KNOW WHAT TO ASK FOR TO MAKE SURE YOU GET WHAT YOU DESERVE!
- Dangers of productivity compensation for physicians
- Common physician incentive compensation formulas – what needs to be included
- Benefits to look out for in addition to physician compensation
- How to determine if you are “disabled,” and how the physician’s employer should NOT be able to make this determination
- What the physician’s employer can, and can’t negotiate as far as benefits
- Stark law traps in physician employment contracts, and how to avoid them
- RESTRICTIVE COVENANTS IN PHYSICIAN EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENTS - MAKE SURE YOU DON'T HAVE TO LEAVE TOWN IF YOU QUIT
- What’s really important in physician restrictive covenants, and what isn’t worth negotiating over
- Minimizing the impact of a physician restrictive covenant
- How you can be released from a physician restrictive covenant
- Negotiation strategies in buy-outs of restrictive covenants for physicians
- PHYSICIAN CALL COVERAGE - DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH 24/7?
- The physician call coverage language you must have
- DEFINING WHAT IS EXPECTED OF YOU - WILL YOU STILL HAVE A LIFE?
- Physician patient contact hours expectations
- What flexibility a physician’s employer will demand
- THE TERM OF THE PHYSICIAN EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT - MAKE SURE THE SALARY WILL START WHEN YOU ARE READY TO WORK
- Issues with hospital and managed care credentialing, and how to work around them
- Grounds for termination of physician employment contracts
- “Without cause” termination issues in physician employment agreements
- OTHER ISSUES IN PHYSICIAN EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENTS THAT OFTEN TRAP PHYSICIANS
- Medical record issues in physician employment contracts
- Assignment of location of service of physicians
- Budgetary weasel language to avoid in physician employment agreements
- Malpractice issues in common provisions found in physician employment contracts
- MALPRACTICE INSURANCE - WILL YOU BE ABLE TO AFFORD TO LEAVE?
- The types of coverage, and the significance when you leave
- Need for “tail coverage” in your physician employment contract
- How to minimize the devastating cost of “tail coverage”
- BUYING IN TO A MEDICAL PRACTICE - A PROMISE OF POTENTIAL PARTNERSHIP ISN'T ENOUGH!
- Time to ownership in the medical practice
- Concerns with “guaranteed” ownership of a medical practice
- Costs of the buy-in to a medical practice
- Methodologies for determining the buy-in price of physician practices, and the pros and cons of each
- Why a cheap buy-in to the medical practice may not be in your best interest
- What provisions are absolutely vital in regard to future ownership of a physician practice